My Secret Weapon - Cover Artist Katherine Makoyana

I don't know how I do it. I keep finding these amazing artists to work with. Actually, I do know. I have almost unlimited time on my hands, and I'm fairly obsessive. Protip.

Katherine is Russian, and an insane talent. She is not only an accomplished artist, but an author as well, although her books are currently available only in Cyrillic. To my dismay and disappointment.

On the other hand, she has given my very unpopular funny sci-fi series a serious facelift. Behold, the unified look, the tasteful typography, the highly appropriate images:


This very much exemplifies the differences between main character Prail and her alleged love interest President Gorlax. I mean it's a shame I can't get the paperback version to upload properly to Amazon, as I'm dying to see this one printed. Email to tech support sent...



I'm very excited to see a new cover for Cure for Sanity. The old one was drawn by my daughter when she was nine, and it was great. In a sense. In another sense, it looked like it was drawn by a nine-year-old. Which it was. This novel actually has a time travel plot involving Yeshua Bin Joseph (Christ) and Mary of Magda, so it's wildly appropriate. Although the book itself might strike many as wildly inappropriate. Such is life. 



Woah, given that this one isn't written yet, I'm going to have to try hard to do it justice. It in part revolves around the Space Olympics, and is expected to have more dark sub-plots. So, aces once again. Everything is coming up Milhouse. Aside, I guess, from what looks like a pending divorce for me, but that's neither here nor there, is it?


Katherine can be found on Artstation (https://www.artstation.com/makoyana), and apparently Twitter (https://twitter.com/MagnieMakoyana) as well. She has a great portfolio in a range of styles, from quasi-abstract to romantic anime. Not only did she do the typography for these books, but produced beautiful back covers in the same style. I never thought my paperbacks would ever look this good. I am forever in her debt.


But wait, there's more! I am so pleased with her work, I have already made arrangements for two more covers. Here are previews of the cover art for Pageburner and Hurricane Regina!



Pageburner is a thriller about viruses, moral gray areas, and romance. So the only thing that will change will be the text, and the radiation symbol will become a biohazard one. Beautiful! 


Hurricane Regina involves a girl who receives some interesting, God-like powers via a dark arrangement. Although it was intended as a nautical sort of book, this captures the feel of the novel in far better fashion. 


An interesting note about Katherine: A lot of her personal projects revolve around doing artwork for every song on every Muse album. How cool is that? They should be paying her to run their art direction!

I absolutely cannot recommend her enough if you're in the market for an exciting book cover, or just love artwork in general. She's also a wonderful person, and fun to work with. What more can one ask for?



Comments

People Actually Read This Stuff