VioletEyes Book Covers!

These are all three still works in progress, but they're coming along nicely. I've contracted with two photographers for three different photos of my favorite fetish model VioletEyes. Is she a fetish model, or just a model I have a fetish for? At any rate, she is a great idealized SuperJanique for my Ultimate Hustle series, and is a wonderful person as well. I'm very grateful for her being somewhat okay with me using her likeness in this way!


VioletEyes - Photography by David Clic. The author typeface will likely change, because my DJ thinks it's ass, apparently. 
I'm pretty happy with the back cover, too. 


VioletEyes as photographed by Jamie Mahon. This cover is *almost* perfect. Still playing around with the title. I can't bring myself to step on the image in any way, even though tiny cover text is a terrible idea for ebook versions. I'm full of terrible ideas. 


One more VioletEyes photo by David Clic. Okay, the author name font is definitely overboard on this one, Roman, I admit. It's like accessories, before you go out, take one off. That's the rule, and it's a good one. But I'm otherwise also happy with it. It's approaching too busy, but isn't. Once the author text is fixed, I suppose. This book is almost fully complete. It's a total rewrite of one that was stolen in my luggage, appropriately enough, in L.A.


Both of these photographers have great portfolios if you write these sorts of books, and are also very accommodating, as well. I can't recommend them enough. As for VE, she is sadly retired from modeling, and I am sadder for it. A terrible loss to the world.

I am having great fun revamping my covers this month. Hopefully I can be back to actually just writing soon. This is all coming about because of my new narrator and the forthcoming audiobook version of Radar Love. Without her, I don't think I'd be doing anything with my back catalog, or writing new stuff...



Comments

People Actually Read This Stuff