Just Say No to Review Exchanges

So, I've had my books online for a month now, and reviews are starting to trickle in. They're great reviews, four and five stars. People are saying great, sincere things about them. That's good.

But when I first got them online, I offered to do some review exchanges. That's bad.

I have to back out of that arrangement. That's bad.

But it's better than reviewing books I don't like, so that's good.

There is no way I could possibly give the first book I was given to review more than three stars. And I would give almost any book three stars for effort. So you know this one must be pretty bad. All I would be doing is setting myself up for a bad review from the author, so there is absolutely no benefit in me reviewing the books of others in exchange for them reading and writing about mine.

Just a word of warning to people starting out in the ebook game. It may seem like a good idea. It's not. Be patient. The reviews will come. Don't be afraid to hand out review copies like popcorn. It's much better to get honest reviews than filler, and you can maintain your integrity that way.

Because a writer without integrity may as well not write...

Pageburner, Zombie Killa, Perfect Me, Hurricane Regina, Radar Love
http://www.amazon.com/Jason-Christie/e/B006P7E0K8/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

Comments

  1. Great post. Sage advice. Just because they say it's 'honest' doesn't mean they want you to be.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

People Actually Read This Stuff